Tracy Schachter is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker specializing in individual and family therapy, and maintains a private practice in Dix Hills, New York.
With over 15 years experience and a graduate of New York University specializing in mood and anxiety disorders, she is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among her area of expertise are Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Gender Dysphoria, and Disorders of Sexual Development.
In addition to being a prominent clinician, Tracy has presented at National conferences and to general audiences speaking on the topics of Women’s health. She also maintains employment and affiliation with Northwell Health.
Tracy is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- New York Universtity, Graduated with High Honors
- Pennsylvania State University, Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Study Abroad Program in Florence, Italy
License and Certifications
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Certification in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Certification in Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Certification in Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Certification in Psychotherapeutic Treatment of the LGBTQ Community
Memberships and Affiliations
- Northwell Health System
- Women’s Health
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- DSD Program
- Psychology Today
Workshops and Groups
- The medical and legal aspects of surrogate pregnancies
- Alternatives to building a family – adoption and surrogacy
- The Future in Uterine Transplants
- MRKH Girls Group
- MRKH Moms Group
- Perinatal and Postpartum Group